Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gilruth Designs - Beaded Jewelry Blog - Here we come world!

Hello everyone.  I am finally getting most of my ducks in a row and am almost ready to start chosing jewelry to sell online at Etsy and Artfire.

I started beading when I was a kid, then again in college.  I didn't start beading again until my mom gave me a diamond ring.  I had been looking for the style of the ring online and started noticeing other gemstones - like colored ones.  That got me noticing other jewelry, and BEADS! 

I spent the next 3 years reading beading books and absorbing as much information as I could, while trying out stitches, wearing my jewelry around.  Eventually people started commenting on my jewelry and saying:  "you should sell that."  Of course I was flattered and I started wondering, gosh, could I sell my jewelry?

Since that time I have made a few customer orders for clients, and have restrung a necklace, and sold a few pieces at a show at the local German society.

I am encouraged that my jewelry will sell once I get some jewelry online.

My next step is to figure out how to photograph my jewelry.  I had been using a scanner which worked relatively well for e-mailing photos.  But that's probably not professional enough now.  The danged thing is broken now too, so I can't even inventory my beads and findings.

But I will get brave and try some photography.

Any suggestions for a photobox would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading

Lila Guenther
Gilruth Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment