Sunday, November 6, 2011

Topsy Turvy Earrings and more colored pearls


Here are some pictures of three recent jewerly pieces: the Topsy Turvy earrings, Mauve-Chocolate hand knotted pearl necklaces and Hippie Chick Earrings. The Topsy Turvy earrings are a result of my experimenting with the lampwork beads. I wanted to practice making wire loops and make a chunky necklace. I made the necklace with stations similar to these, with amethyst bead stations in between.

The pearl necklaces I made are part of my line of hand knotted pearl jewelry. These pearls have antiqued silver color clam shell bead tips and a spring ring clasp. The other half of the clasp, which I call a "connector" is a handmade figure 8 clasp. I find that this connector is easier to grasp than a jump ring when putting on a jewelry piece.

 Last but not least, I made the Hippie Chick earrings for a Halloween party that I attended.  They are a lot of fun and am sure swung nicely as I danced the evening away!











Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment